Dynamic sound meets sleek design in Coby DVD938 5.1-Channel DVD Home Theater System which includes a progressive scan DVD player plus a 5.1-channel home theater speaker system (subwoofer and five satellite speakers). The DVD player has built in USB/SD card slots for direct playback of your digital media library, and it also features an integrated Dolby Digital decoder, microphone inputs for karaoke, and digital AM/FM radio. The five full-range satellite speakers and subwoofer deliver pounding bass and crisp highs for 600 watts of power in 5.1-channel surround sound.
- 5.1-channel surround sound system with 600W total output
- Includes subwoofer with tuned port for deep bass response and five full-range satellite speakers
- Progressive scan DVD player with integrated amplifier
- DVD, DVD±R/RW, CD, CD-R/RW, CD+G and JPEG compatible
- Dolby digital decoder
- Plays digital media files directly from USB drives and SD memory cards
- Integrated digital AM/FM tuner with 40-station preset memory
- Dual microphone inputs for karaoke function
- Digital and analog AV outputs for home theater use
- NTSC/PAL compatible
- Convenient front panel and on-screen display
- Multiple language, subtitle, and camera angle support
- Parental lock control
- AC 100-240V automatic power switching
- Audio input: RCA Stereo Audio
- Audio output: RCA Stereo Audio; Coaxial Digital Audio
- Video output: RCA Component Video; RCA Composite Video
- Menu languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Main unit dimensions: 16.8 x 2.2 x 10.2 inches
- Subwoofer dimensions: 4.3 x 11.8 x 11.7 inches
- Satellite speaker dimensions: 3.5 x 5.2 x 3.1 inches
This system is wonderful for a starter set. If you’re a college student, new to surround or looking for something simple for a smaller room, this is a great choice. The biggest plus about this system is that I can hook up my Xbox (RCA hook up or digital). Keep in mind that If you hook it up with RCA you can’t get surround, but the stereo sounds amazing. I was afraid of Coby from all bad reviews on other systems. This one really exceeded every expectations. Very clear sound, great price and a great DVD player make this perfect.
I’m 21 and live in an apartment so the rooms aren’t that big. I have a 100 sq. foot living room. This system is just right. When you finish setting it up (took me about 30 min, running cables and all) you need to put in a DVD like Lord of the Rings to test out the sound. If you leave everything at the default you’ll notice that there’s almost no bass and the center speaker is WAY over powering. Play around with your setting for a while, you CAN get bass out of it, just look through the menus.